Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Feeling a little corny

We got our sweet corn picked this morning just before the rain set in. Had to end up shucking and silking it in the shed. We didn't expect to have as much as we did. Picked around 10 dozen ears. Tommy and I put up 100 ears in the freezer and then will give some to the neighbors and have some tonight to see how it tastes. The first corn we had in the garden this year was white sweet corn. I have been wanting to grow some for years and just haven't. I really like it. I am not a huge fan of this new fangled ultra sweet corn. Seems like they just keep trying to get it like sugar. I like my corn to taste like corn not dessert. Also like the texture of the white corn. I used to love frying up some roasting ears out of the field until they changed that corn up so much.

Here is what it looked like after we got it all shucked and silked.


And here it is waiting to be put in the freezer. Had to take it over to the overflow freezer.


No comments:

Post a Comment