Monday, October 14, 2013

Wonderful Week

I had a wonderful time last week with my grandson Joseph. Julie came down to get her horse to take back with them and since Joseph had fall break he got to stay down here with us. Tommy and I both had a lot of fun being with him. Tommy was working on a field that he is breaking up and resowing and Joseph spent a lot of time either watching or riding in the tractor with Paw Paw. It was still rough at first so he and I just watched. Then when it was a little smoother he got to ride in the tractor. He dearly loves tractors  and has been that way ever since he was big enough to be put on one. He also loves playing toy tractors and spent a lot of his time inside doing that. I even managed to saddle up our horse, Jack and let J ride some. We don't have a real pony(not yet anyway). I'm working on that. We worked on a loading chute while he was here, and he called it his "boat". He has an endless imagination and fascinates me with some of the things he comes up with. 

  
  
 
He wasn't able to ride on this tractor 
 
 
Watching Paw Paw 
 
                    
Shyann never got too far away from J
 
 
Riding in one of his favorite tractors
 
 
                            Helping us move ewes and lambs
 
 

Helping pull up turnips
 
 
  

                  Using his wheelbarrow to haul the turnips
                     But he wouldn't eat any for supper :)
 
 
 
This is a cake I made for J
                                     He did eat some of it
 

He wanted it to be a birthday cake so I put some candles on it

 
Joseph really likes to gather eggs
 
 
                              Riding our giant pony, Jack
 
 

                             J and Tommy on the Oliver 77
 
 

                               Joseph sitting on my tractor
 
 
 
Getting ready for a tractor ride on the 550
 (J calls this one his tractor)
 
 


                   Playing with tractor toys at the warehouse
 
 
 
Helping Paw Paw move some cattle
 
 
 
He found some kittens in the lambing barn
J loves cats
 
There were a lot more pics I could have put on here, but time has caught up with me. Thanks, Julie, for sharing Joseph with us. I have so many more memories to add to my memory bank and they  will  be treasured.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment