Monday, October 28, 2013

Atwood Tractor Show

We went to the Atwood Tractor Show not long ago. They have 2 each year-one in June and one in October. We haven't ever been to the June one, because we are normally busy with hay at that time. They had a pretty decent amount of vendors at the flea market. I found a bridle that I hope will work on my Haflinger. His head is so large it is hard to find one that fits him. Not that I am going to be doing much riding, but I have dreams of riding again. Tommy only carried one tractor-the Oliver 550. His favorite tractor balked again and didn't want to start after we had washed it. He needs to do some tinkering on it and get it going good again. This was probably the last tractor show of this year unless we decide to go to Trenton in November. The thing about the Trenton show is you never know what kind of weather it will be that day. I am too much of a fair weather person to want to go when it is cold. We have gone when it was cold and wet. Not much fun :).


Tommy getting unloaded


Really old Farmall



Oliver Cletrac



I found this chicken at the flea market



A really sharp Econoline



If I ever have an old lawn tractor I would pick a Wheel Horse
This fellow had 3 really sharp ones on a trailer


Tommy driving in the parade


We had a good day there. One of our favorite things about the tractor shows is visiting with such fine folks. Junior and Sylvia Simmons were there and they are one of a kind people. Mr. Simmons is a died in the wool AC tractor man. He has been collecting for many years and is still adding to his collection. I just hope that when we get to be their age, we will be half as outstanding as they are. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment