Monday, September 9, 2013

A GRAND Weekend

I spent this past weekend with my 2 GRANDsons, Joseph and James. Tommy and I watched them while Julie had a night out with friends. James is a year old now and has changed a lot since the last time we saw him. He is jabbering up a storm now even though I don't have a clue as to what he is saying. Joseph is three and has started preschool and I could tell differences in him too. He is still all about riding tractors with Paw Paw and playing with his farm toys, but he would say and do things that he has picked up on at school. James spent a lot more time outside this time even though his crawling sometimes presented a problem. He can walk, but when he really wants to go somewhere, he crawls(and he is fast). He doesn't care if it is wet grass, gravel, concrete or whatever. James loves to eat and Joseph still doesn't care much about food. Joseph does say, "I want a cookie and choc moo," quite often.  Joseph rode in the tractor while Tommy cut some hay Friday afternoon after they got here. Then on Sunday he was asking if we were going to bale it. When we told him it might be too wet to bale, he said "Yes we will bale it", but he had to go home before we did decide to go on and bale it. I know he would have been fascinated with how the square baler worked.


            This is before and after Tommy took Joseph to get his hair cut.   


 James loves to play with tractors too, and when he can swipe one from his brother he knows what to do with it.


                          James likes playing with the old Fisher Price barn

        James is quite the ham! He is wearing his brother's pj's on his head
                                  But this is what James likes to do best
       Joseph couldn't leave without getting to take a ride with Paw Paw and Ollie

I so wish I had taken more pics of Joseph on the tractors. I really wanted to take one of him sitting on the 1850 Oliver pulling the load of square bales he helped us load. And one on the tractor cutting hay. I think it had to do with making sure James didn't get away from me. And I didn't get a picture of either of them with the new baby lambs. Joseph seemed fascinated with them and of course that made me Happy, Happy, Happy. Joseph also loved to gather the eggs and even had 2 that he kept out for himself. He told me that they had chicks in them :) And they did-they just needed someone to sit on them. It was a very special weekend and was spent making lots of good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment